Date: August 14th
Time: 1PM – 5PM
Street Closure: 9AM – 6PM
What is the Ktown Block Party?
This event will be a community celebration showcasing Koreatown’s culture and resources while also collecting stakeholder feedback on proposed street safety and beautification improvements.
- The Ktown Block Party will feature performances from various dance, music, and martial arts groups based in Koreatown.
- Community organizations will provide information on resources to assist them with the post-pandemic transition.
- There will be pocket parks and demonstrations of potential street safety improvements which attendees can enjoy and provide input.
How to get to the Ktown Block Party?
Attendees are encouraged to bike, walk, or take public transportation to the Ktown Block Party. Bike valet will be available at the event. Several bus and rail lines serve the area, including the B (red) and D (purple) lines and the 720, 204, 206, 754, and 16 bus lines. For those who need to drive, there are paid parking structures near the event.
Participating community organizations:
- Kheir Clinic
- Polo’s Pantry
- Streets For All
- Sen. Maria Elenda Durazo
- Asm. Miguel Santiago
Entertainment provided by:
- Jung Im Lee Korean Dance Academy
- Historical Walking Tours by Julia
Hosted by Sister Unity Divine and Kristina Wong