Provided by George Hakopiants
NEW TREES IN KOREATOWN
● CD13 partnered with KYCC to plant 50 new trees in the Koreatown area.
● The trees are located south of Beverly, focusing on residential streets with little to
● The trees have been planted on the following segments: Mariposa Ave, Council
Street, Berendo Street, Alexandria Ave, between Beverly and 1st.
● The trees will be watered for three years until they have been established.
411 N. VERMONT COMMUNITY REDEVELOPMENT
● City-owned property at 411 N. Vermont is currently being used as a LADOT yard.
● CM O’Farrell introduced a motion to repurpose the property for a community
benefit, such as Affordable and Permanent Supportive Housing.
● In order to streamline the process and work around staffing shortages in the City,
the City Administrative Office (CAO) posted a bid for consultants, which would
include an analysis on the development potential for this property.
● The City has selected BAE Urban Economics to conduct the feasibility study and
proposal for what is possible for the project.
● BAE Urban Economics is currently assessing, and a report is pending.
NEW UPGRADED PLAYSET AT LEMON GROVE RECREATION CENTER (adjacent
● On June 26th, CD13 and RAP (Recreation and Parks) inaugurated a $1m
playground upgrade to the Lemon Grove Recreation Center.
● The upgrade includes new shade structures, a rubber surface, three climbing
walls, new slides, new landscaping, and new signage.
● The project was championed by CD13 and is the result of two years of
collaboration with RAP.
● The play set is now open for all families and children to enjoy.